Sweeney Controls Company is seeking a Systems Architect. This role is responsible for the control system design and project vision for the technical project team. The position requires reading and understanding project scope, plans, specifications, needed equipment integration and client requirements to develop a control system functional description and design of the control system.
The position requires a great deal of knowledge to understand the concepts, practices, and procedures in process industries and to be able to quickly understand the control systems’ function and capabilities.
The Systems Architect is expected to successfully execute on the below key areas:
· Continuously exhibit your superior customer service to the client by delivering an accurate and timely project. Achieve this by creating, refining, and managing the project scope through proactive, professional communication both inside and outside the organization.
- Define and refine project scope
- Understand and successfully manage project scope
- Complete tasks by project milestone dates
- Work with the Project Manager to select project team members
· Utilize your expertise as a control system subject matter expert to tackle technical challenges, teach others why our system design is best, and create industry-leading control system designs that are functional, accurate and financially responsible.
- Knowledge to understand the process of the complete system and the function of the control system in that process.
- Design of control systems through interpretation of plans, specifications, client supplied control descriptions, interviews with clients and owners, analysis of system mechanical requirements and any other means necessary to design a functional control system.
- Specification of control system hardware and design of control system.
· Lead the team through execution of a great project by creating a control system process to communicate scope and expectations that ensure the design vision is realized in an efficient manner.
- Develop a control system functional description that technical team members can understand and visualize.
- Design, coordination, and review of network communications.
·Take the project from good to great by being the technical administrator for the project and completing all the little things that create a huge impact.
- Coordination and review of control system CAD drawings
- Review of control system operations
- Review of Operations and Maintenance Manuals
- Lead and direct Control System Specialists when collaborating on projects
· Improve yourself by continuously researching new products, equipment and processes, and learning from others to successfully execute your responsibilities.
- Approach every project as a path to professional growth.
- Having a growth mindset to learn from consulting engineers, facility operators and other team members.
- Maintain a current technical skill-set through memberships in technical and industry-based organizations, reading trade publications, attending seminars or formal classroom training.
· Help drive to our Vision and fulfill our Mission by Being a Hero to your teammates and helping with other tasks when needed.
What we’re looking for…
- 4 year engineering degree and 4 years of experience or a 2 year technical degree and 6 years of experience
- PE or EIT preferred but not required
- Mechanically inclined
- Excellent analytical skills for visualization and problem solving
- Ability to quickly understand complex applications
- Competent and professional oral and written communication skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Excellent customer service
If this sounds like a good fit for you, email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org today!