The Human Resource Manager, operating as a department of one, is responsible for day to day operations and administration of policy and procedures. Due to the wide range of responsibilities, the Human Resource Manager must be able to thrive in a quickly changing environment, be able to work independently and must possess strong multi-tasking skills. The Human Resource Manager will also provide various project management work to the President as needed and directed.
The Human Resource Manager will report directly to the President of Sweeney Controls, but will work with all Sweeney Controls employees to provide a high performance work environment that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The HR Manager will help establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement, morale, and motivation.
The Human Resources Manager is expected to successfully execute on the below key areas:
- Put the right people in the right roles at the right times so the team can complete their work on time. Accomplish this by positively promoting Sweeney Controls, building dynamic talent pipelines to hire the best team members, grow the company, and strengthen our company culture.
- Source and recruit candidates for open and possible future positions.
- Interview candidates.
- In conjunction with management, create offer letters.
- Develop aptitude tests for positions.
- New employee onboarding.
- Build a team you want to be a part of with team members who want to be at work. With the management team, develop an effective, productive, engaged team by creating, maintaining, and consulting on a variety of performance management topics and initiatives.
- Write and review Human Resource procedures and the Employee Handbook
- Relate to employees but remain independent
- Recommend employee relations practices to establish a positive environment
- Write performance reviews for all positions, set goals with employee and follow up on progress
- Write and review Performance Metrics for all positions
- Counsel Managers and Supervisors on employment issues resolution, including progressive discipline
- Write and review job descriptions for all positions
- Ensure the team can meet the needs of our clients in a world of constant change. Develop the best team in the industry with the ability to scale quickly by creating, maintaining, and constantly improving our training programs and internal procedures.
- Develop and maintain company procedures and documentation
- Create and maintain company-wide hard and soft skills trainings and assessments
- Develop and implement workplace Health and Safety policies and practices
- Be a leader and HR business partner by aligning the HR function with company strategic goals, through analysis, planning, monitoring and administration.
- Assist with company strategic planning
- Benefit and compensation market analysis and proposal of changes or initiatives
- Benefits and payroll administration
- Help drive to our Vision and fulfill our Mission by Being a Hero to your teammates and helping with other tasks when needed.
- Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Minimum three years of HR experience
- Highly organized, be able to multi task and prioritize
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good documentation and writing skills
- Self-starting, able to work independently and as a team member
- Maintain positive attitude throughout all tasks and interactions with others
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal, for interacting on multiple levels with co-workers
- Good working knowledge of Windows PC, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word) and Internet
- Certification preferred