We are looking for a Technical Group Manager to direct and coordinate the day to day activities of the technical group.
Sweeney Controls Company designs, builds, programs, and maintains automated control systems for the water, wastewater, food, beverage, and grain elevator industries. We lead our industry through our work in IOT, our commitment to responsive support for our clients, and our achievement of a rigorous industry certification that demonstrates our commitment to excellence.
The successful candidate will live up to our mission of honesty, integrity, and superior customer service. Their default attitude is, “Yeah, I can do that.” This role and the work will excite them; their eyes will light up when discussing the details of it. They will be open to new ideas and constructive feedback. They will do what they said they would do, when they said they would do it, in the way they said they would do it. They recognize needs and take care of them without being asked.
What we’re looking for…
- 4 year degree in engineering, computer science, construction management or similar; or 2 year technical degree in similar fields.
- Experience managing technical staff; a proven history of achieving results through others.
- Technical, engineering, and/or project management experience.
- Leadership and teamwork by example; willing to help with any task or project to keep the team moving forward; be a model for the team of how a great team member should act.
- Highly organized; should have some kind of personal task management system in place that has been proven to work.
- Not afraid to jump into new tasks or projects; you view change and learning new things as exciting.
- Endurance to work long hours alongside your team; like our Core Value states: Be a Hero and help each other whenever it’s needed.
- Humility; understands the limitations of their own knowledge; looks to their team for their expertise; gives credit where it’s due.
- Integrity; you hold yourself to a higher standard through honesty and trustworthiness.
- Willingness to learn; we don’t expect you to know everything about what we do, but we expect you to want to learn what we do and how we do it.
- Emotional intelligence; demonstrates self-awareness and control and can read and set the tone for the group by building strong relationships.
- Professionalism; we should be proud to have you represent Sweeney Controls Company to our clients.
- Business acumen; can analyze multiple data points and predict future trends and problems that may not be obvious to others.
- Controls automation experience
- PLC programming experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) and/or PMP
- Develop, empower, and encourage team members to do and be their best.
- Foster a positive environment by encouraging accountability, communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the client.
- Promote and live by the company’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Develop, implement, and monitor KPIs for the technical group and devise and execute corrective action when needed.
- Assist with any number of technical or administrative project job duties that are the primary responsibility of other team members.
- Assist in HR functions, such as interviewing, hiring, employee retention, performance reviews, employee discipline, and termination activities.
- Monitor technical group project completion and offer assistance where appropriate.
- Look for continuous improvement opportunities and facilitate their implementation.
- Lead weekly project status and efficiency meetings.
- Act as a technical resource for any project or service activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Donut Thursdays
- Paid Time Off
- 7 Holidays
- Monthly breakfast with the boss
If this sounds like you, send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Sweeney Controls Company
234 28th St S
Fargo, ND 58103