We are seeking a Systems Architect to design control systems and give direction to the other members of the project team. The Systems Architect will also work with the Project Manager to ensure a successful project. The position requires reading and understanding project scope, plans, specifications, required integration and client requirements to develop a system functional description and design of the control system. The Systems Architect is expected to be the subject matter expert on all the technical aspects of their assigned projects.
The position requires a great deal of knowledge to understand the concepts, practices, and procedures in a variety of industries and to be able to quickly understand the control systems’ function. The Systems Architect is expected to maintain a current knowledge of the skills required to successfully execute their responsibilities. The Systems Architect should maintain a current technical skill-set through memberships in technical and industry based organizations, reading trade publications, attending seminars or formal classroom training.
The Systems Architect will work with Project Managers and clients to determine system requirements and will work with the Project Manager to select project team members.
What we’re looking for…
- 4 year engineering degree and 4 years of experience or a 2 year technical degree and 6 years of experience
- PE or EIT preferred but not required
- Mechanically inclined
- Excellent analytical skills for visualization and problem solving
- Ability to quickly understand complex applications
- Can effectively relay technical information to different audiences in a way that ensures understanding
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Enjoys giving excellent customer service
- Thinks using a cell phone to control an entire manufacturing line is pretty cool
- Knowledge to understand the process of the complete system and the function of our control system in that process.
- Design of control systems through interpretation of client supplied control descriptions, interviews with clients and owners, analysis of system mechanical requirements and any other means necessary to design a functional control system.
- Develop the system functional description
- Work with Project Manager to refine project scope
- Understand and successfully manage project scope
- Specification of control system hardware and design of control system
- Proactively directs and communicates with Control System Specialists to enable them to successfully complete their part of the project
- Works with the Project Manager in selecting project team members
- Coordination and review of electrical control drawings
- Design, coordination, and review of communications schematics
- Develop and/or assists with PLC, HMI and control system design standards
- Review of control system operations
- Review of Operations and Maintenance Manuals for project closeout
- Other duties as assigned
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Donut Thursdays
- Paid Time Off
- 7 Holidays
- Monthly breakfast with the boss
If you think you’re awesome enough to be a part of our team, email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail them to:
Sweeney Controls Company
234 28th St S
Fargo, ND 58103