We are looking for a Project Manager to successfully manage the project scope, budget, schedule, and client satisfaction of our technical projects.
Sweeney Controls Company designs, builds, programs, and maintains automated control systems for the water, wastewater, food, beverage, and grain elevator industries. We lead our industry through our work in IOT, our commitment to responsive support for our clients, and our achievement of a rigorous industry certification that demonstrates our commitment to excellence.
The successful candidate will live up to our mission of honesty, integrity, and superior customer service. Their default attitude is, “Yeah, I can do that.” This role and the work will excite them; their eyes will light up when discussing the details of it. They will be open to new ideas and constructive feedback. They will do what they said they would do, when they said they would do it, in the way they said they would do it. They recognize needs and take care of them without being asked.
What we’re looking for…
- 4 year degree in engineering, business, construction management or similar; or 2 year technical degree in similar fields.
- 4 years of successful project management experience.
- Currently have PMP certification or have the goal to obtain.
- Leadership and teamwork by example; willing to help with any task or project to keep the team moving forward; be a model for the team of how a great team member should act.
- Highly organized; should have some kind of personal task management system in place that has been proven to work.
- Detail oriented; you can recall names and project details quickly; you catch the small things that can make or break a project.
- Comfortable with difficult conversations; able to deliver unpopular message to a client without damaging the relationship.
- Excellent customer service; above almost any other position in the company, the Project Manager is the most visible role to our clients. It is imperative that you represent us with grace and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills; the success of a project is largely dependent upon the quality and efficiency of your communication.
- Ability to effectively execute on multiple tasks and project concurrently; this role will always be managing many project concurrently that are in various stages of production. You need to be able to keep all the balls in the air in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances; there are a ton of moving pieces that will require you to change direction at the drop of a hat. You need to be able to handle this without becoming over-whelmed.
- Emotional intelligence; demonstrates self-awareness and control and can read and set the tone for the group by building strong relationships.
- Reading, understanding, and complying with contractual obligations for each project.
- Execute contract change orders as necessary.
- Consistent and regular communication of progress, potential problems, and solutions to clients, contractors, and engineers.
- Ensure a positive client experience throughout the project.
- Understand and successfully manage project scope.
- Establish and successfully manage project schedules.
- Establish and successfully manage project budgets.
- Analyze potential risks and develop and execute plans to eliminate or mitigate those risks.
- Monitor project progress and recommend efficiency improvements.
- Works with Systems Architects in selecting project team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Donut Thursdays
- Paid Time Off
- 7 Holidays
- Monthly breakfast with the boss
If this sounds like you, send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Sweeney Controls Company
234 28th St S
Fargo, ND 58103