We are looking for a Field Service Technician in our Fargo office to do field service work, project startup, modify programs on-site and test control panels. The Field Service Technician will work with process concepts, PLCs, HMIs, schematics and will require travel within ND, SD and MN with some overnight stays.
The Field Service Technician will also interact with customers, field trade people and on-site engineers. As such the Field Service Technician will be able to work under pressure, communicate clearly and provide excellent customer service.
What we’re looking for…
- 2 year associate degree in Electrical, Electronic Technology, Mechatronics, Automation or related field
- Comfortable around live electricity
- PLC, HMI and instrumentation experience
- Basic computer networking skills
- Ability to work while a customer stands over your shoulder
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities at the flip of a coin
- Problem solving skills
- Can effectively relay information to all kinds of people in good and bad situations
- Enjoys going above and beyond for our customers
- Hates making mistakes or forgetting to do things
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Clean driving record
- Ability to understand the process of the complete system and the function of our control system in that process.
- Project startup with Site Acceptance Testing
- Clear and calm communication of progress, potential problems and solutions to clients, field trade people and on-site engineers
- Training customers on the control system operation
- Working with 120V control systems
- Working with 480V and lower 3 phase starting equipment including cross-line starters, soft starters and variable frequency drives
- Programming of soft starters and variable frequency drives
- Modification of PLC and HMI programs
- Field service works includes using PLC software to diagnose problems, component replacement and minor control panel modification
- Remote support of new and existing control systems
- Factory Acceptance Testing of control systems at Sweeney Controls facility
- Travel is required. Approximately 24,000 miles a year
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.