We are looking for a Control System Specialist to program and implement PLC/HMI based control systems and work with process concepts and industrial communication networks. They will also read schematics and requires travel within ND, SD and MN with some overnight stays.
The position requires a great deal of flexibility to work with a variety of applications in a variety of industries and to be able to quickly understand the systems’ function.
The Control System Specialist will work with Systems Architects to program systems that will meet the functional requirements and test the programs. They will also work with Field Service Technicians during project startups.
What we’re looking for…
- BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or 2 year associate degree in Electrical or Electronic Technology or related field.
- Mechanically inclined
- Excellent analytical skills for visualization and problem solving
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Competent oral and written communication skills
- Enjoys giving excellent customer service
- Ability to produce quality work despite constantly changing priorities
- Thinks using a cell phone to control an entire manufacturing line is pretty cool
- Write structured, well-documented, error-free PLC programming code in any of the 5 IEC standard languages, which includes ladder diagram, function block diagram, structured text, instruction list and sequential function chart, to automate system tasks using Allen Bradley, Schneider Electric and/or GE equipment
- Design intuitive, professional, easy-to-navigate, aesthetically pleasing HMI interfaces using Rockwell FactoryTalk View, Invensys Wonderware, and/or GE Proficy software
- Program reports in Excel, Access or other software
- Work with other project team members as needed to successfully share programming responsibilities as required.
- Thoroughly test programs through Factory Acceptance Testing
- Provide off-site support for Field Service Technicians and existing systems
- Provide on-site system commissioning support as required.
- Maintain a current technical skill-set
- Other duties as assigned
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Donut Thursdays
- Paid Time Off
- 7 Holidays
- Monthly breakfast with the boss
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Sweeney Controls Company
234 28th St S
Fargo, ND 58103